Dr. Dobson, M.D., FRCS (C)
J. Crawford Dobson, M.D., FRCS (C), is the co-founder of Electric City Physiotherapy. A top-rated orthopaedic surgeon in Peterborough, he is a recognized expert in arthroscopic surgery and sport medicine. Honoured to be a team physician for the Peterborough Petes and Peterborough Lakers, Dr. Dobson treats patients from world-class athletes to weekend warriors, always with the same compassionate commitment to each patient’s needs.
Between our orthopaedic surgeon and physiotherapists we provide an advanced approach to conditions that impair movement and mobility, treating conditions affecting joints and individual bones, muscles and tendons, ligaments, and/or nerves. We’ll work with you to reclaim your quality of life by adopting successful treatment strategies such as therapies, state-of-the-art bracing, or, if medically necessary, orthopaedic surgery.
Book an appointment
For more information on your specific injury or condition, contact us to book a consultation.
What Do We Treat?
- Conditions affecting your bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves
- Restricted range-of-motion, movement or mobility
- Joint pain and instability
- Early-to-late osteoarthritis
- Soft tissue biomechanics, injury healing, and repair.
- Treatment options, both surgical and non-surgical, as they relate to sports-specific injuries and competition.
- Reconstructive surgical procedures, for example ACL in the knee, hip labrum tears, elbow loose bodies, bone spurs in the ankle, and shoulder instability.
An orthopaedic specialist will provide you with a clear understanding of the extent of your condition and the most beneficial treatment options available.